The 90s didn’t just bring us epic shows like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on TV, but it was an amazing time for different music lovers. Radios had different beats meaning you could pretty much hear every single style of music on a daily basis. One might say there was more music in the 90s than any fan could ever absorb, which might explain why the 90s songs are still thriving today.
We will try to bring out our top 7 songs, which should capture the iconic decade perfectly. So let’s get started:
- First up we got No Scrubs by TLC, released in 1999, it is no wonder that this classic debuted at no. 1 on the Billboard album chart. I’m sure we all know those lyrics by heart by now.
- Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!!! By Vengaboys needs no further introduction. Still a great song that gets us hyped up to go out for drinks with friends or a track which keeps us sane after a stressful work week. The word “legendary” sums up this song perfectly.
- The most relevant song to current circumstances (finally having eased the lockdown) must be Everybody’s Free by Rozalla. This 1991 tune is still so popular and catchy that we just can’t help but to sing along.
- Mambo no. 5 was originally written as an instrumental 70 years ago, in 1949, by Cuban composer and bandleader Pérez Prado. Nowadays it is mostly known as an iconic pop song, which has even been nominated for NRJ Music Award for International Song of the Year.
- “Set You Free” is a song written and recorded by the English group N–Trance, featuring vocals from Kelly Llorenna, who you have a chance to see at this years Party At The Park! What a perfect way to spend your summer as this song will get everyone enjoying themselves in the crowd.
- The song Rhythm Of The Night by Corona is also one of the top songs remembered from the 90s.
- Ricky Martin’s song Living La Vida Loca captures the 90s perfectly as the song is about the crazy life. Perfect tune to blast out while everyone has had a few glasses of wine already and even better to hear at the Party At The Park stage played by one of our amazing DJs.
However, if you haven’t gotten enough of the 90s yet, then check out Party At The Park on Spotify. We have a 90s exclusive playlist filled with the hits of out childhood. Don’t worry if we haven’t included your favourite yet, we’ll update it weekly! Start listening now!